Project topics: Reducing carbon emissions, Climate change (adaptation, mitigation), RUE and RES
Project name: SECAP
Programme: Interreg V-A Italy-Slovenija 2014-2020
Project duration: 01.11.2018 – 30.11.2021
The total project value: 2.940.351,30 €
LEAG’s budget: 342,206.00 € (ERDF contribution, 290.875,10 €, own funds 51.330,90€)
LEAG’s role in the project: Project partner
Project Manager: Črtomir Kurnik
Partners on the project:
- LP / VP: Friuli Venezia Giulia Autonomous Region
- PP2: Università degli studi di Trieste
- PP3: Area of Scientific Research and Technology in the Trieste Area Science Park
- PP4: Città metropolitana di Venezia
- PP5: Università IUAV di Venezia
- PP6: Unioncamere Veneto
- PP7: Goriška Local Energy Agency – Nova Gorica-GOLEA
- PP8: Local Energy Agency of Gorenjska – LEAG
- PP9: Regional Development Agency of the Ljubljana Urban Region – RRA LUR
- PP10: Municipality of Pivka
Overall goal of the project:
The overall objective of SECAP is to promote the sustainable growth of the cross-border area by promoting carbon reduction strategies for all types of areas, in particular urban areas, and by developing appropriate adaptation and mitigation measures (Axis 2, Priority 4e).
The project will contribute to the common cross-border use of tools, methodologies and databases and will have positive impacts on local planning of the entire programming area. The transition to a low-carbon society will be carried out by PP4 and PP10 through infrastructure interventions and the transition from SEAP to SECAP for some municipalities / MTUs / metropolitan cities. In doing so, models of sustainable development of the Covenant of Mayors will be promoted to improve the quality of life and resilience to climate change.
Summary of the project:
The joint challenge of the project is to provide the municipalities of the partner areas with practical support in the implementation of sustainable energy policies and in adapting to the environmental changes that are identified at the transition from the Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP) to the SECAP Action Plan for Sustainable Energy and Climate Change (SECAP).
The main objective of the project is to help local operators improve their energy planning capabilities by focusing on energy saving, renewable resources, reducing CO₂ emissions and mitigation measures related to climate change.
The expected results are:
- A cross-border unified strategy that will ensure transition to the green economy and provide new employment opportunities;
- educational courses for municipalities and public awareness;
- the transition from some Sustainable Energy Action Plans (SEAP) to the SECAP Action Plan for Sustainable Energy and Climate Change (SECAP);
- other pilot activities to define SECAP methodologies tailored to local needs.
- Study on the effects of climate change on the program area using methodological reports and basic emission inventories for participating municipalities.
- Creating an inventory of existing strategies, measures and projects that are useful for increasing the resilience in cities, the composition of a bilingual online database with statistics and data on energy / climate / environment and a Slovene-Italian map of vulnerability of sites with emphasis on the urban scale.
- Based on the results of the comprehensive operation of DS3.1 / 3.2 / 3.3, interventions for the development of action plans and other concrete activities. SECAP wants to check the effectiveness of work done by monitoring some municipalities during the SEAP change process in SECAP, both in Italy and Slovenia. Upon completion of the training, PP will assist the municipalities in forming the SEAP (at least 10). In Italy, it will be examined how to build a SECAP for a wider area (for example, in the PP4 area or in the FJC with the participation of the MTU). If the inter-municipal SECAP can not be compiled, individual municipalities will participate in the implementation of activities. Encouraging municipalities to increase energy efficiency will continue with interventions for better use of energy sources (with consequent emission reductions), energy audits and short publication of existing good practices, as well as verification of their repeatability. SECAP project infrastructural interventions do not only aim at the full implementation of the strategies that have been elaborated in the previous phases, but are intended to show and provide visible and useful experiences that will actively contribute to the verification of energy saving interventions.
Furthermore, the development of a uniform cross-border mitigation and adaptation strategy and the transition from SEAP to SECAP envisages positive impacts on the entire program area and ensures continuity of cooperation to strengthen activities aimed at reducing greenhouse gas emissions, increasing resilience and mitigation / adapting to climate change by direct complementing results in national and regional programming / planning of adaptation strategies for climate change in Italy and Slovenia.
The sole responisibility for the content of this webpage lies with the authors. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the European Union. The European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.
LEAG 2020 – Vse pravice pridržane.